Share your skills as a volunteer
Without the help, support and dedication of our volunteers, we would not be able to offer such a high standard of service. Our volunteers find helping at the Refuge very rewarding and the time and assistance they give so freely are greatly valued.
If you would like to be a volunteer
We provide opportunities for many different types of volunteering:
- Assisting in the front office at both of our residential properties on a rota basis
Duties include dealing with general telephone and reception enquiries and other administrative tasks.
- Helping in the children’s activity room, which has an OFSTED outstanding registered pre-school provision and after school activities. Volunteers will require a Level 3 Childcare qualification
- Supporting and assisting our various members of staff who work both ‘in-house’ and out in the community.
- Assisting our Facilities Officer with housekeeping duties and help with gardening
- Helping with fundraising
If you would like to learn more about our volunteering opportunities, please either contact Sanna Westwood, Interim Chief Executive, on 01206 500585 or download our Volunteer-Application-Form. Once completed you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Colchester and Tendring Women’s Refuge, PO Box 40, Colchester CO1 2XJ marked for the attention of Sanna Westwood.
Other types of volunteering require professional skills and a different level of commitment:
- Trustees constitute the governing body and are responsible for formulating policy and the overall management and administration of the Refuge
To learn more about becoming a Trustee or to help with any of the above, please contact the Chair of the Trustees, Julie Powell at email@example.com