Share your skills as a volunteer
Without the help, support and dedication of our volunteers, we would not be able to offer such a high standard of service. Our volunteers find helping at the Refuge very rewarding and the time and assistance they give so freely are greatly valued.
If you would like to be a volunteer
We provide opportunities for many different types of volunteering:
- Assisting in the front office at both of our residential properties on a rota basis
Duties include dealing with general telephone and reception enquiries and other administrative tasks.
- Helping in the children’s activity room, which has an OFSTED outstanding registered pre-school provision and after school activities. Volunteers will require a Level 3 Childcare qualification
- Supporting and assisting our various members of staff who work both ‘in-house’ and out in the community.
- Assisting our Facilities Officer with housekeeping duties and help with gardening
- Helping with fundraising
We currently have the following vacancies, please see the attached job descriptions for more information on these.
To apply for any of these positions please download and complete our Volunteer Application Form. Once completed you can either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Colchester and Tendring Women’s Refuge, PO Box 40, Colchester CO1 2XJ.
Other types of volunteering may require a range of professional skills and a different level of commitment:
- Trustees constitute the governing body and are responsible for formulating policy and the overall management and administration of the Refuge
To learn more about becoming a Trustee, please contact our Chair of the Trustees, Anne Kiely at email@example.com
All our recruitment to staff and volunteer posts are covered by our Recruitment Privacy Statement