Thank you for thinking of making a donation
We are grateful for donations of any size, but to give you an idea of how your donation could be put to use:
- £5 could pay for items like a basic set of toiletries for a resident to use on arrival
- £10 could provide a care pack for residents with babies – items such as nappies and formula
- £20 could help us pay for clothing and school unifor.
- £30 could help us pay for a counselling session for either a residential or outreach client
Do you wish to donate online?
It’s easy, via our Virgin Money Giving page, click HERE
If you would like to donate by cheque (payable to Colchester & Tendring Women’s Refuge) please send it to
Colchester and Tendring Women’s Refuge Ltd
PO Box 40
If you wish to donate cash, please contact us on 01206 500585 option 6 or 01206 761276 option 2.
Sometimes, the best donations are not about money
We would be very pleased to accept the following donations:
- Disposable nappies (all sizes)
- Baby wipes
- New baby clothes
- New/nearly new children’s clothes (boys and girls, aged 2 to 14 years)
- New ladies’ underwear and socks
- New ladies’ leggings/jogging bottoms
- New ladies’ flip flops and slippers
- Unopened toiletries (not sanitary), especially deodorants, liquid soap, shampoo& conditioners, toilet roll
- Unopened make-up
- New bedding – single and double quilts, covers and fitted sheets
- New towels and tea towels
- New or nearly new cutlery
- Travel cots in excellent condition
- New or nearly new toys and books in excellent condition
- Unopened Tea, coffee, sugar and biscuits
- Tinned or long-life food
Due to storage restrictions, we are not able to accept the following:
Car seats, outdoor toys, large toys, used bedding, curtains, electrical equipment (unless by prior arrangement).