When you are visiting sites that you don’t want to be recorded into your browsers history, switch to ‘incognito’ mode in Chrome, ‘Private Browsing’ in Firefox, ‘Private Browsing’ in Safari or ‘InPrivate Browsing Mode’ in Internet Explorer.
Wiping Your History
Wiping your history is easy, and stops anyone from seeing which sites you have recently visited. Follow the instructions for your browser of choice below.
- In the top-right corner of the browser, click on the chrome menu. It looks like three stacked bars.
- Select History.
- Click the button for ‘clear browsing data’. A dialogue will appear.
- From the drop down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear the entirety of your history, select from the beginning of time.
- Tick the boxes you want to clear, make sure to clear ‘browsing history’.
- From the Safari browser, pull down the ‘Safari’ menu and choose ‘Clear History and Website Data’.
- Select one of the options for how much history you would like to remove.
- Click on the ‘clear history’ for data, cookies, and history.
- Click the menu button, choose History, and then Clear Recent History.
- Select how much history you want to clear. Use the time range to choose how much history, and the details to select exactly what information will be removed.
- Click on the tools button and navigate to Safety.
- Select delete browsing history.
- Select the check box next to each category of information you want to delete.
- Select Delete!